Sunday, June 22, 2008

Speed Matters

Below is a speed tester to tell you how fast your internet connection compares to the greater global world. I had no idea I was so slow! Or that Japan is so fast. What is it about Japan that makes them always on the cutting edge of technology and gadgetry? And, is the United States comparatively slow internet connections a result of the vast emptiness in some of our more rural areas? Either way I would like to see what a download rate as fast as Japan's would be like.

2 comments:

yendiangie said...

That is very cool Leyla! My speed (3144 Kbps)was great compared to that of my state but so slow to that of Japan. I would also love to see what a download rate as fast as Japan would be like. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing ;-)

RO said...

Hello,

My speed was 6827 with an upload of 487. Pretty good across the world but Japan and Sweeden really have some fast internet connection. I wonder how much of their population is online compared to the US.

Robert