Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Don't plan...DO!

Today was a curriculum writing Day 1 (of two) for the IB team. The goal was for all three grade levels (6th, 7th, and 8th) plus the elective teachers to meet, greet, and write lesson plans for the entire year.

It was super-fun to be in a room with teachers with no kids around. I mean, I love the kids, and the school is not really a school without them running around, giggling, and screaming...fighting, whining, and flinging hornets....dozing, talking, and backtalking... Ummm, anyways, let's just say the kids were missed.

It took me until 11:43 to truly begin to plan. Before that time I felt the urgent need to clean the coffee pot. Of course FCAT scores needed to be pored over. Then I realized that my backpack was messy. But what is the point of having a clean backpack if your binders are disorganized? Once all of that was finished, at least 3 people needed my mad PC sk!llz for the new mail upgrade. Oh yeah then one request to help move music from LimeWire to iTunes. It was a busy morning.

Suffice it to say, I am READY for curriculum planning now!

No comments: